Friday, June 25, 2010

Is this ironic?


I work retail in a very large three story building. This building has state of the art security measures against earthquakes. It was explained to me a long time ago that "The building is on rollers so that it will sway in the event of a large earthquake." Today I counted 13 customers who asked whether we were having an earthquake. This was over the span of about 8 hours. To explain why the customers asked that question I have to give a little bit of background on the daily vibrations we feel in our department when there are a lot of people in the store. So here's the low down, when a couple hundred people come in to this state of the art building and start trooping around looking for fashionable clothing and all that jazz, the building shakes shivers and rolls--but we're safe as can be from an earthquake. So for those of you who missed it, that means we experience earthquakes on the daily so that we won't have to experience an earthquake. Or in still other words: Our fear of earthquakes has created a never ending earthquake.

I'm always down to boogie, so I just sway to the sound of the music and smile as I help the countless startled customers who are sure the building is going to fall on their perfectly coiffed hair. I guess I kind of like the swaying, it makes me feel like I am on a ship travelling to financial security and fiscal freedom. And indeed I am!


Are you tired of Seal yet? I sure hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment