Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nutrition Now!



Ok, so for those of my readers who are not aware, I am a Kinesiology major. As a Kinesiology major there are certain things that fascinate me (or I wouldn't be studying Kinesiology). I personally find everything to do with the human body riveting. I am considering getting a tattoo that says "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" because the more I learn about the body, the more I am convinced of the truth of Psalm 139:14. The disciplines relating to the body that most interest me are psychology, nutrition, exercise physiology and obviously anatomy/physiology. I am going to start a new segment in this blog centered entirely on nutrition.

Not long after I came to Cal Poly I discovered the human performance lab. I quickly joined the student run organization named PolyFit and was thrown headlong into a professional setting where I as a student was trained in how to conduct fitness, body composition, and flexibility tests on paying clients (Stuff just like the woman in the video below was doing with the skin calipers). I have been involved in PolyFit every quarter since I first tried it out and I enjoy it as much now as when I started. I have been a group leader for the last four quarters, which means I am responsible for the four to six students in my group. It is my responsibility to train them in the proper techniques necessary to conduct our battery of tests (more on those later) and also manage them as they do so every week of the quarter. As a group leader I am CPR and First Aid certified and were anything to go wrong, I am responsible for resuscitating the client. I have greatly benefited from this experience that Cal Poly has offered me and I can't wait to work in a simular environment in the not so distant future!

Nutrition/Exercise video. I agree with most of what's said here!

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment