Monday, December 26, 2011

The Thrill


Twice now i've experienced the thrill of betting everything I own on my own success. Literally every cent I own and two million, seven hundred thousand I don't on what I normally consider a very safe bet: myself. As self confident as I normally am, cocky even, there's still this tremendous fear that I'll botch it all. I fear that I'll drop the touchdown pass and be relegated to a life of normalcy and financial toil forever. But back to that enormous feeling. It's like a weight. Like a physical weight I can feel on my shoulders pressing down on me and it makes it difficult to breathe. Add to that the fiscal hurdles I have to jump over while holding this invisible elephant on my shoulders and you can understand why it is that I pinch pennies and poach ponies. Horse meat taste's terrible but desperation is desperation and hunger is hunger (chill out PETA, no ponies are actually being eaten, I'm speaking metaphorically). So on that day that I don that cap and gown for my third and probable final time, I plan on being wealthy. Filthy rich.

1 comment:

  1. tell PETA to suck it, because they just recently announced horse meat will soon be allowed to be sold in the U.S. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete