Thursday, March 3, 2011

I feel it in my chest


"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."--Teddy Roosevelt

This quote has always resonated with me, but never more so than today. Today I found out that I was denied entrance to graduate school.

It hurts to fail but,
"Flowers need water to grow, it gotta rain
And in order to experience joy you need pain"-Jay-z

So to two of my heros: Jay-z and Teddy, thanks for the encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Jess,
    YOU COULD NOT AND DID NOT FAIL!! There were reasons beyond your control. Reading the quote made me cry because it is so deep and wonderful, just like you. God has a plan for you and I know you will do great things in this fallen world. I will always be here for you and I will always believe in you. You are in my heart and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Jesse, I'm sorry! Everything happens for a reason though and you are destined to do great things, I'm very positive about this fact :)
    Keep it up, there needs to be more people like you in this world.

    And yes, we need to do a lot of things soon, like drinks, and we can certainly do a pot luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *See senior quote (pg. 40 second column third row)

    ReplyDelete