Monday, February 22, 2010

Consumed

Obsessed is an understatement. I have two speeds: Balls to the wall or not at all. I used to throw all of my existence at sport, soccer being the main medium of my obsessed fury. I recently was forced to temporarily step off the sports fields due to injury. I have handled this switch by changing lanes. Instead of existing solely in the realm of sport I reside in a land of academics. You see as I write this I sit in the Cal Poly library, as I have for the last nine hours studying.

So what is it that feeds this obsession? Well, as far as I can tell it is my pursuit of a life that feels just out of my reach. You see I am just a mule with a carrot just in front of my big ass nose. That carrot is a wonderful career, a large paycheck, a huge home, a ravishing wife, and a couple of insanely cute kids. So for now if I just push it harder, put more time in, sleep less and work more then I will be the stubborn mule that actually got the carrot dangled in front of him.

I just want to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment