Tuesday, July 14, 2009

call me crazy but......

I have this notion that seems foreign to all but a few of my peers. This "notion" of mine is actually more of a philosophy that I have bought into. My philosophy is simple: it is great to wait. I believe that anything worth having is worth waiting for. I have been pestered nearly non-stop since leaving for school at Cal Poly. Pestered about my choices to wait. You see it is not a big deal to me to wait to drink when I'm 21. Some have said that I'm missing out on all the fun. I beg to differ. I would argue that they do not know what fun really is. If fun is to be equated with alcohol then I feel sorry for people. I know how to have fun sober. And I still party, only difference is that I don't need booze to get up the courage to do the things I want to do. And I will remember the victories, the failures, the feelings, the emotions, the joy of the night, and have no headache in the morning. And the "buzz" that people drink to get is over-glorified, I was born with the buzz.

SEX. Got your attention didn't I? In fact you probably skipped the previous paragraph to see what this was about huh? Don't worry, I would have too. I digress. I am waiting for sex. Waiting not only for the right person, but for the right color of dress, the right ring on the right (correct) finger, I am waiting. Waiting for that one person that I would like to spend the rest of my life loving. An exclusive love that is all that God intended it to be. You see, calling me old fashioned would be correct. But it would be only half correct: I am passionate I am stubborn, and I am waiting.

This song rocks my socks. Perhaps it will rock yours:

No comments:

Post a Comment