Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cure?



I was recently advised that the best way to get over a girl is to sleep with numerous women. I found this "solution" a bit tempting because I'll be honest what 21 year old guy doesn't wish sex could solve his problems. But I know it won't and I know the cure for one girl isn't another one. I find it troubling that as I continued to think about her words (yes a woman suggested I do this, can you believe that?) I really did try my best to make it all work out in my mind. But morals and ethics are not so easily persuaded, and though I could push and tug and twist all I liked, this piece didn't fit in my puzzle. I do not know what the cure for loneliness is, but I know that "there are worse things than being alone" a quote of my mom's (she usually follows that up with, "I would know, I lived with your father.") Whatever the case, I know that I will not be sleeping around in order to get over one girl or to try to assuage my loneliness, and as I like to say, "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." For me, that includes sex.

1 comment:

  1. I kno how you feel, hang in there man. I feel like it would be even more lonely after such an escapade, I've thought about it too.

    ReplyDelete