Thursday, June 4, 2009

If I could describe......

Slowly I tie up my laces while I inhale my favorite smell: freshly cut sod. As I finish tying my last bow I sit for a second and reflect upon my day; and thus my therapy begins. In one swift motion I am suddenly on my feet. I take a few steps, relishing the feeling of each cleat burrowing its way into the moist grass. My walk becomes a jog and then transforms into a full gallop. The wind tickles my face and my hair dances in it-in perfect rhythm with my every stride. As the first drops of sweat begin to bead on my forehead-I realize it has been a while. I know better than to skip my therapy. My heart beats faster and faster in my chest. I feel numb. I hear nothing. Perfect silence has enveloped me. This is my sanctuary. This hallowed plot of ground is my salvation from the hassles of life. SUDDENLY I realize that my friend has been yelling my name. The time has come. Game time! The hair on the back of my neck rises, and my body feels violently cold. A shiver goes down my spine as the the referee blows the whistle. I feel suddenly ALIVE. Fire is in my veins and lightning is in my eyes. This game was made for me! And I. I was made for this game. My opponent thinks he has a chance. He has been miss-informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment